Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Thirty//Thirty 2014 9/30: Voices

These characters won't stop talking to me:
gibberish whispers, when all I wish for
is a coherent sentence
traveling tides
from here to there
and back again.

Competition is stiff
like the risen undead
in Five Ancients
or wherever that thread sends us.

Not cutting it
when the Barbershop Quartet
can't sit still
long enough for a trim.
No help looking for other Supers
hidden behind their masks.

And how's about Traveling Tales?
Hitch a ride
at the end of my pen
walk all through this notebook
with footsteps I can't fill.

2 comments:

  1. I think you've captured the frustration of the creative process so creatively. Good job! favorite phrase: barbershop quartet that can't sit still long enough for a trim. tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Just wait until you read the short!

    ReplyDelete