Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Unfinished Business

tell me, where does the time go
when you're busy wasting time
I swear I meant to call you
but I got to feeling fine
looks like I took you for granted
said some things I didn't mean
I long to have you back my friend
you're the best there's ever been

time takes us by the hand
and in mine I'm taking time
such a spinning, circling dance we lead
and I'm all punch-drunk on the rhyme
guess I forgot what this was for
thought, I didn't need you anymore
so when you're feeling down and out
all you have to do is shout
I'll be here forever more

haven't seen you in awhile
can't help but wonder where you've been
wander too far, you might get lost
with the state of affairs you're in
you've been running through my mind all day
your legs must be pretty tired
caught up in the quicksand of this world
in all the mud and muck and mire

No comments:

Post a Comment